Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Simplify Life Idea #2

I try.... to simplify! I am very good at making things complicated, but I have come up with some ways to make my life easier. I have challenged myself to document them in the month of October. 

This idea is silly but has helped me. I have two cats, which means shedding. Lots of shedding. I think if I kept all the fur I got off of my floors, I could easily make an entire new cat in just a few weeks. I just can't go here:
Crafting with Cat Hair: Cute Handicrafts to Make with Your Cat

So....I try to Swiffer everyday, and happily reluctantly throw all the hair away instead of saving it for craft projects. I also try to combat the source of hair at its source (the cat). I have found the easiest way to do this is to use a lint roller. Using a brush involves constantly having to empty it of fur or more hair flying around. Luckily, cats don't mind the lint roller (at least mine don't, and I wouldn't exactly describe them as laid-back). I usually use about 3 sheets. Roll quickly over cat until full, and throw the sheet away, then repeat. Easy!


My cat Anakin getting lint-rolled while his sister Annalee vies for a turn
How this simplifies my life: a very quick way to get some of the cat hair off of the cat and into the trash, by-passing the part where it spreads like wild-fire over the hardwoods. Avoids emptying a brush. You know those times when you pet your cat and loosen a bunch of hair? This is a great time to utilize the lint-brush!

No comments:

Post a Comment