Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Simplify Life 25

The next two days are ways I've simplified memory-keeping. I used to love to scrapbook and kept up with it for several years. Now, that way of life mystifies me. I don't even read the newspaper anymore; how did I find time and energy to scrapbook??! Sigh. Life is always changing and so are our priorities. That said, I still love keeping track of our family's memories. I have now moved to doing everything online (online clutter isn't clutter, right?). The main site I use is snapfish.com. I am pretty good at getting our photos uploaded there in a timely fashion. (The fair pictures are already in their own album there!) For three years in a row, I made a photo book of our year in pictures on that site, and then waited for a coupon and ordered them. Last year, I loved doing a digital scrapbook. I used this site:
http://www.studioj.com/
It's more expensive, but you can easily be creative and artistic, and I loved the final product. Here are some photos of the different albums:


The three black books are the ones I made on Snapfish. They take up hardly any room on the book shelf!!

This is one of the page spreads from the Snapfish album.

This is one of the page spreads from the Studio J album. It is a much larger album and in a big three-ring binder. You have a lot of choices as to page layouts and colors. I usually go back and glue some other things on some of the pages, like tickets. 

I don't even print out photos anymore. It is so easy to organize photos online and has enabled me to keep up with our yearly albums. 




No comments:

Post a Comment