Sunday, October 28, 2012

Simplify Life #27

I donated my ironing board to Goodwill yesterday! I have given up most ironing (I do sometimes have to iron our church clothes) and instead use homemade wrinkle releaser or the wet washcloth in the dryer method.(I also try to take the clothes out when the dryer stops, but that happens maybe 60% of the time.)

Here's the recipe I use for homemade wrinkle releaser:
WRINKLE REMOVER SPRAY:
 1 cup distilled water
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol 
1/4 cup liquid fabric softener
Put in clean spray bottle. ( 8 oz. distilled water, 4 oz. alcohol, 2 oz. liquid fabric softener) 

I have a small foldable ironing board that hangs in my closet that I can still use. I am also considering getting one of these just in case:

http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-L2500-SILVER-Magnetic-Ironing/dp/B0073TCIF6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351462082&sr=8-1&keywords=magnetic+ironing+blanket


A magnetic ironing blanket that adheres to a washer or dryer! 
If I worked outside the home, I know I wouldn't be able to do away with ironing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment