Sunday, October 28, 2012

LAST DAY!!!

I am so glad I am not a professional blogger because this has been hard!! 

For this last day, I am making some commitments for things I know I need to do to simplify my life, but haven't done yet.

Here goes:
1. I know from my organization projects that I need nothing. I have enough soap, toiletries, envelopes, flour, tea, batteries, post-its, pens, pencils, glue, etc. to last me probably the rest of my life. It is a bit embarrassing. I am going to think long and hard before I purchase ANYTHING. I was in Wal-Mart the other day and was temporarily tempted by some of their fall items. Then I told myself, "Leave it here!!" I have too much stuff. No more is coming in. 

2. When my newspaper subscription runs out in December, I am not renewing. I rarely read it. It piles up and makes me feel guilty. My oldest son and husband love reading the comics, so they get that one section out and leave the rest on the living room floor, and not in a neat pile. I have found out that they can pick their favorite comics and have them delivered to their inbox for a very low monthly fee.

3. I am letting most of my magazine subscriptions expire. I love magazines, but in this season of my life I simply don't have time or energy to read them. I think I will  keep: Taste of Home, Cooking Light, Real Simple, Women's Day, and All You. I may keep Self for exercise motivation. The rest will not be renewed. I should probably go ahead and cancel the rest now, but I am not ready yet. Baby steps! I know even this list is probably more than most people get! I consider this one of my hobbies : ). I love getting a magazine in the mail, and having a stack of unread magazines next to my bed. 

Things I will continue doing:
*putting things away where they belong
*buying Kindle versions of books instead of hard copies
*trying to embrace "good enough" and letting perfection go

I know that the things I have shared are things that have worked for me and may not be applicable to anyone else's life, but hopefully you found at least one thing that might work for you, or been inspired to look for ways to simplify your own life. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment