Sunday, October 28, 2012

Simplify Life # 30

I think the best thing I've done to simplify my life is to allow myself to spend the time and money to get my home organized. I have diligently followed the Home Organization 101 Challenge (http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/).I now feel like I can trust my home. I know where things are and where to put them away.

Also, I used to feel labeling things wasn't necessary. Now, I use my label maker all the time, even if it's obvious what is on that particular shelf or in that particular container. I realize this serves three purposes: 
a. can see at a glance what I have since items are grouped together in one place by label
b. I am accountable when I put things away now; I put things away where they belong because of the visual reminder of the label (especially helpful in my lazy susan!)
c. My family can find things, too. 

I am a cheapskate and it has been hard to spend money on plastic organizers, but it is so worth it and it's what I asked for for Christmas this year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment