Thursday, October 11, 2012

Simplify Life #11

I did mention these are just my ideas, that have helped me? When I mentioned this idea to a friend last night, she was horrified, but she has a different life, and different needs than me and I know that is what is wonderful about life. This idea that simplified my life: getting rid of my extra refrigerator. Even though it still looked brand new and I only used it maybe 8 months at the old house. In the old house, I loved my refrigerator. We had room for it in the downstairs laundry room. We kept drinks in it. I bought in bulk and kept the extras in it. When we moved here, the only spot for it was the garage. I won't even go into all the reasons as to how that's different than it being in the house, on the same floor, because some of them are admittedly petty. However, I now realize that anything I can do to prevent any hoarding tendencies is a good thing. (This is especially true today, since I discovered my dad's mother's sister's daughter was featured on an episode of Hoarders. It may be in my genes somewhere.) I have lived in this house a year and three months exactly, and I haven't once missed the extra refrigerator, not even at Thanksgiving. I am making do. So, this has simplified my life by forcing me to buy only what I need. And it saves me trips to the dirty garage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment