Friday, October 5, 2012

Simplify Life #5

I have a "morning routine." Yet some days I forget to take my vitamins. Or scoop the cat box. I don't know why since I do these daily. I blame the kids. To help my sieve-like mind, I use paper door hangers strategically. I have one hanging on my bathroom cabinet to remind me of my morning choirs (and yes, I actually remember to read it!). I also have two on each of the boys' bedroom doors: one with their morning check-list, and one for the days I am feeling ambitious and require them to do a thorough cleaning of their room, which I unabashedly pay them for.

The boys' are laminated for durability, and they can use the dry-erase pen that's attached for the room clean (I don't have them check off the morning checklist; we go over it before we start school). 

How this simplifies my life: less to think about in the morning, boys know what's expected without me having to nag remind them, helps make sure my day at least starts out on the right track.


No comments:

Post a Comment