Friday, October 12, 2012

Simplify Life #12

Two words: jewelry organizer. When we were "staging" our old house before putting it on the market, I realized I had jewelry scattered everywhere: hanging from hooks in the bathroom, on the dresser, etc. I purchased two nice jewelry organizers that hung in our closet. This way, the jewelry was hardly noticeable but still accessible. I loved them so much I still use them, and I can vouch for the fact that jewelry is so easy to put back that I actually do it. Recently, I redid my pantry and used one for small things on the door (I hung it with two Command Hooks). I had originally purchased that one to organize my youngest son's Lego mini-figures, but my husband had since purchased a (much more expensive) organizing system, so the one I purchased was not needed and proved perfect for the pantry (alliteration : ) ). 


Velcro straps hold the necklaces; easy in, easy out. I bought another one with small pockets to hold earrings, watches, bracelets, pins the kids inevitable make for holidays, etc. (I hang medals and head bands around the top).

Here is what the one in my pantry looks like; it holds MIO, 5-Hour Energy drinks that my husband got for free and which I keep hoping will actually work, dry soup mixes, etc. 


Here is a link to the one in my closet with small pockets:

Here is a link to the one in my closet for necklaces:

And finally the one I'm using in my pantry:

How this simplifies my life: easy way to put jewelry away,all my  jewelry is in one place and is organized and visible so I actually wear it and can find what I need, small things in pantry are visible and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment