Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Simplify Life #26

Another way I've simplified our memory keeping is by using keepsake boxes. I basically just throw things in there that are random/don't fit in a scrapbook. I don't even date them; we just go until we fill up a box and then start a new one. The boxes are numbered (I think Jason and Joel are both on their second box). I purchase the decorative cardboard photo-storing boxes from craft stores when they are on sale. I like being able to actually touch the things in the boxes and to go through it. It is definitely not as organized as a scrapbook, but where else would I store the actual tiny bar of Dove that was used to bathe Joel as a newborn in the nursery? (Incidentally, this makes his first box smell wonderful!) I store them in the closet of our guest room. I like getting a different design each time, but would probably stick to a solid color if I had to have them on a bookshelf in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment