Friday, October 19, 2012

Simplify Life #20

I have made a cleaning schedule for myself. There are lots of sites that give suggested ones, but I ultimately had to make my own. Here is mine:
Monday~ bathrooms (includes floors), empty all trash cans, clean litter box
Tuesday~ dust
Wednesday~vacuum carpets
Thursday~stairs
Friday~ hardwoods
I try to do a load of laundry each day and a kitchen clean-up each night. Here is a great site for help with a cleaning schedule, and very similar to what I do:
http://www.cleanmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/clean-organized-how-why.html
Right now she has a "31 days to Clean" challenge going on, which I would have participated in but the Home Organization 101 challenge is all I can handle at the moment!

I keep weekends free and use them for catch-up because honestly I don't think there's a week where I've ever perfectly followed the routine; things always come up or my chronic fatigue kicks in. I am most picky about the bathrooms, which is why they are scheduled for Monday when I usually have the most energy and things haven't had a chance to derail for the week.The cleaning schedule simplifies my life by making sure the basics get done each week, and also I can skip things that aren't on the schedule for that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment