Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Simplify Life Day 10

Lazy Susan Simplification

I've always had a love/ hate thing going on with lazy susans. I love that they utilize otherwise wasted space and provide lots of storage. I hate that they are hard to clean and organize. I finally realized that I needed to label each section and stick to it, rather than haphazardly shoving stuff in there. I also covered mine with Press 'N Seal. I know some people have the patience to cut shelf paper or contact paper to fit the round shape (and I even checked out some Internet directions on how to do so) but I am not one of those people. 
I also left a small section on one end clear and labeled it "Current." This is to store ingredients for the current week's recipes.I don't put these ingredients where "they belong" since I'll be using them imminently.  You know how Rachael Ray can just open her lovely sliding pantry and the ingredient she needs is right there? Now I can briefly feel like her when I begin cooking, if at no other time.

I realize it's hard to see the labels, but the section at the top right is "oils" and the bottom is "canned." Top left is for dried fruit/ nut butters (Nutella : )!!!) and the bottom left is for "current." I am using up other ingredients for most of my recipes this week so it is mainly empty except for the salsa and taco seasoning. I won't bore you by showing all the labels.

How this simplifies my life: easy to clean, I know what's in my lazy susan and can actually find what I need, place for current ingredients makes finding/ retrieving them easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment