Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Simplify Life #8



I tape recipes and tips inside my cabinet doors and pantry. (When we were getting ready to move from our last house, I carefully removed all the things I'd taped inside the cabinets, laminated them, and then carefully stored them for transport to this house.)In my pantry, I tape guides for how long to store food and breakfast recipes. In other cabinets, I have ideas for quick meals and healthy snack suggestions. Under my kitchen sink, I tape the recipes for the homemade cleaners I use, and ideas on how to clean silver, etc. In the boys' bathroom, I have tips about how to stop hiccups, how to give eye-drops, and how to cut a band-aid so it will stay on a bendy area such as an elbow. In my linen closet, I taped an article that shows how to fold fitted sheets (though I admit now I just use the tip of putting everything inside the pillow case!) In the cabinet where I store my George Foreman grill, I have recipes for grilled vegetables and a chart showing the temperature meat should be when it's done. It's almost like my own version of Pinterest! 

How this simplifies my life: ideas are quickly and easily accessible, they don't get lost, and they are where I need them when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment