Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Simplify Life #9

Today, ways I've simplified grocery shopping. 1.) I don't cut out coupons (except for one case I'll mention). I used to. I have a place in my purse for them. I used to read my sister-in-law's blog (that she no longer runs) about coupon tips. But I had to keep going through them and throwing away the expired ones. And hold onto the Sunday coupons until I actually went through them. Also, most of what I buy is generic or produce. I feel much better since I've let this go. 2.) Only shop at a few stores. I do the bulk of my shopping at BJ's. BJ's periodically mails out coupons specifically for their store. These I do go through and clip coupons IF it is something I buy anyway. (Something about only having to organize coupons by store verses by category works for me.) I keep them in a stack in my purse and go through them before I go in. The other stores I usually shop at are Super Wal-Mart and Kroger. 

I know I could probably save more money if I went to more stores and cut coupons, but it isn't worth it to me. I love Aldi and Trader Joe's because they have much less selection and shopping is much simpler, but I can only go there if I don't have recipes planned for the week  and am winging it because there are always a few ingredients they don't have, which entails another trip to another store. 

How this simplifies my life: less stores, hardly any time spent cutting/ organizing coupons, streamlines the process in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment