Friday, August 26, 2011

Homeschool this week!

The Homeschool Mother's Journal In my life this week…
I had 2 great weeks of sticking to routine/ schedule and fell off a little this week. I will do better next week! In January we rented a storage unit so we could "stage" our home by storing unused crap possessions to make our home look unlived in nice. We didn't even get our home market-ready until the first week in May, but luckily we sold it in 10 days and moved into our current home July 12. Well, it was finally time to unload the storage unit. I enjoyed my false sense of unpacking accomplishment that preceded all this new stuff being added to the mix. My husband suggested just burning the stuff since most of it we've lived without just fine. Also this week, we began our Thursday morning co-op. We were having what felt like our first day of school while many other kids in the area were too. Luckily today I found the box that had been in storage and contained the boys' back-packs.
In our homeschool this week…
We enjoyed discussing the Great Lakes, Pocahontas, and the Pilgrims. We also did some work outside on one of the nicer days. Jason is now doing Physical Science labs at co-op; yippee!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Keeping our workbox subjects in the same order has been a great thing; easier for me to prepare and more predictable for the boys.
My favorite thing this week was…
Working to unpack boxes for several hours this morning and not starting school until late. The boys did great and I was happy to be able to take advantage of a rare productive moment for me. Maybe this is my way of pretending Irene isn't barrelling towards us.
Questions/thoughts I have…
Will I ever be able to stop threatening a return to public schools? Will the boys buckle down and stop complaining?
I’m grateful for…
Getting in the co-op. Hearing that other mothers and women feel overwhelmed, too.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Saw this on a bumper sticker: "If we outlaw guns, can we use swords instead?"

1 comment:

  1. Great that you started the co-op. Boo to unpacking. Not my favorite thing! Glad your year is going so well even after a move!

    ReplyDelete