Monday, August 8, 2011

The first day of school

We began what will be our first full year of homeschooling today! (The boys went to public school for over a month last year). I felt pretty prepared, but again I worry our days aren't taking long enough.

Things I'm doing to make this year easier:
*purchasing curriculum that has most of the planning done
*letting them write in workbooks instead of making copies (the $ I might be able to make in reselling them simply isn't worth the extra time, ink, and paper it takes)
*writing out their assignments for the week on one card on Sunday so I don't have to add to it each day (they have the entire week's assignements written out for each subject; technically they could work ahead)
*eventually aiming to have a 4-day week with only the "S" subjects on the 5th day: spelling,science, Spanish (Jason)
*doing more subjects together so less for me to at least attempt to learn
Joel working in the sunny school room at his desk

Since  most of Joel's workboxes are "Work with Mom" Jason will probably end up doing much of his work at the dining room table, which is right across the hall from our school room, to have some quiet

1 comment: