Friday, August 19, 2011

In my life this week…
Week 2 of homeschool year 2. I am a rule follower. If I read something in a book/ magazine that I am "supposed" to do, I feel guilty/wrong if I don't do it. When I signed up to homeschool, I read all the recommendations from the state of NC. While our state is pretty lax about what we "have" to do, they still suggest doing homeschooling first thing in the morning because that's "when students learn best." Well, I am saying that doesn't work for us. By starting school at 10 or 10:15, I have nearly an hour each for cleaning and exercising in the morning. I start school without those hanging over my head and the most important things already checked off my "To Do" list. My kids can do morning chores and still have free time, and since none of us are morning people, we do better school work. Yay! I must learn to embrace what works for  us! But it's so hard to do...
.
In our homeschool this week…
We are getting into our routine. We are enjoying history but it is mainly an overview now and paced so quickly that we aren't learning a ton of facts. I think that's okay for now.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Not many. We stay home a lot : (. We did tour the colossal church where our co-op meets (beginning next week). We also went to the dentist : (.

My favorite thing this week was…
Joel answering a personal question with one word: "me." The question, in an attempt to get them to personalize, said, "Answer this question using 'I' or 'me'." He chose "me," but didn't answer the question! We laughed and laughed about this one.

Questions/thoughts I have…
Every single day I have the thought that my youngest would do better in public school. He loves people, attention, and is frequently bored. He insists that going back to public school would ruin his life. Am I doing the right thing? Our relationship has not been good this week. I am constantly frustrated and so is he.

I’m reading…
Cooking Light magazine trying to meal plan for next week, and Galloway's marathon training program. Also reading the last part of Jeremiah.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Would this happen in America?

abcnews.go.com
The earthquake and tsunami that walloped Japan left much of its coastline ravaged, but left one thing intact: the Japanese reputation for honesty. In the five months since the disaster struck, people have turned in thousands of wallets found in the debris, containing $48 million in cash. They have a...

No comments:

Post a Comment