Friday, August 9, 2013




In our homeschool this week… We had a productive first week! We started school on time each day (which for us is 10 AM so I can get things done in the morning before school). Our morning work went well; I love having the routine in A-B-C order (see previous post on morning work) to help me get it all in. It's also given us a predictable routine. The longest it's taken (and this is with them completing their literature reading for the day!) is 1.5 hrs. 

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Keep a bin with all the things you need for morning work (or together work) in a bin organized with hanging file folders. Wal-Mart has a bunch right now in different colors (pink for me!) for only $3. 

My favorite thing this week was… getting to teach more in the mornings rather than just read-alouds. Confession: I hate reading aloud non-fiction books. With our curriculum last year, there were so so many. None this year!

My kiddos favorite thing this week was… Though they won't admit it, I think they are glad to be back to a routine. They are loving the drawing/ writing part of our morning.

Things I’m working on… shutting my brain off. I am in plan mode and that's all I can think about.

I’m cooking… all my dinners were plan-approved Trim Healthy Mama meals! We had turkey wraps and tomato/cucumber salad, pasta with bacon and spinach, Greek yogurt chicken, and quiche! Tonight, I am making Cheeseburger Pie (recipe in the book).



I’m grateful for… the chance to teach my own children and use my organization skills.

 I’m praying for…our homeschool to be pleasing to God.

 I rewarded my kids this week by… not having them do every single subject every day; we will jump in next week! 

 Something I am ogling or have my eye on… more clipboards. I love organizing with them. I think I saw some at Dollar Tree last time I was there; going back and stocking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment