Friday, February 3, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal 2.3.12


The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In my life this week… Main goal met: cleaned hardwoods. All of them. Very well. My son was playing with a flashlight in the dark dining room one night and discovered you could see all the cat hair on the floor when you put the flashlight on the floor. I thought I was keeping up with things. I wasn't.  You know how in those crime shows Luminol can make a seemingly perfectly clean room light up to show where blood was? That's what a flashlight does for hardwoods. They look spic and span with lights on, but wait until you illuminate them with a flashlight.... every bit of dust, hair and even the scratches will be clear as day. Horrifying.
In our homeschool this week…Learning about homesteading and reading Little Town on the Prairie. No one is asking to quit this book.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Letting the boys do grammar together accomplishes two things: my youngest hears a voice other than mine and my oldest is forced to review the material. I also sometimes let them give each other their spelling quizzes. 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We started back at our co-op. The oldest is doing Physical Science (labs!) and Programming. The youngest is taking an art class and one on Space. I love that they will get exposure to these subjects from someone who is not me!
Questions/thoughts I have… I would have LOVED LOVED LOVED to teach in a one-room schoolhouse.
Things I’m working on…I need to do more in every area of my life (except eating.)
I’m grateful for…beautiful weather. Homeschool blogs. Pinterest. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
If you homeschool, you have to check out : http://homeschoolingryangosling.tumblr.com/
One of my faves:
by Anne H.

No comments:

Post a Comment