Friday, January 27, 2012

Homeschool Journal 1/27/2012


In my life this week…
Coming to terms with the fact that I will only have 7 students in my co-op class, which means the class fees won't cover what I've had to spend on the curriculum. That is $100 I won't be reimbursed. I am not happy but there's nothing I can do so I must learn to accept it!

In our homeschool this week…
We finished up our first half of our American History curriculum. After next week, we have 16 weeks of school left, so we can take one week off per month and finish at the end of June, take July off, and begin the new school year at the beginning of August.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
If you're feeling behind, take one day and do school in the afternoon. Take the morning to work. A change of pace is good for everyone and getting stuff done before you are so tired is good, too.

My favorite thing this week was…
My oldest getting 100s on his math sheets for the first time this year. He finally has a break from graphing and it has done us both good. Also, he did a problem the same way I would and we were both wrong; I figured out why we were wrong on my own!!! Of course, he wasn't nearly as interested in my explanation as to what we did wrong as I was, but still....

What’s working/not working for us…
Already time to begin our next novel in History so we abandoned Across Five Aprils.

Questions/thoughts I have…
Am I doing enough?

Things I’m working on…
Accepting things and moving on. Is there a course on this somewhere?? Is it on Pinterest?

I’m reading…
Deuteronomy to teach Sunday School and Ephesians.

I’m cooking…
made a pear strata, baked shells, beef gyros, and making Chicken Cordon Bleu tonight. (yes, the chicken is thawing! I remembered!) Also have to make a strata to refrigerate overnight for a brunch I am attending tomorrow.

I’m grateful for…
Learning with my children. Less stressful mornings than we would have if they were in public school.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
naturally, I am the first box.

What Your Toilet Paper Says About You

No comments:

Post a Comment